The Classroom Experience
We envision a classroom with lively discussion occurring, students being challenged to think critically, clarify and validate their arguments with logical points and scriptural references where applicable; teachers asking thought-provoking questions, guiding the students to discovering how the Word of God speaks to every subject and every aspect of their lives.
In this technological age, we are convinced that this face-to-face classroom experience is more valuable than ever as it encourages students to learn how to communicate effectively and respectfully, how to listen well and ask appropriate and engaging questions and how to build good relationships.
The Community Experience
We envision our Center becoming a catalyst for community, bringing like-minded believers together to serve the Lord and enjoy Him in the activities and events we promote.
We hope that students and parents alike will bring their gifts and talents to the school, contributing not only to the classroom experience but also to the building of our community.
The Christian Experience
We envision a Center where like-minded believers come together and build each other up in our faith, spurring one another on toward love and good deeds (Hebrews 10:24) through the classes and activities we promote.
We will do our part in providing you with teachers who not only love teaching but also hope to be influential in the life of your child, encouraging them to love the Lord with heart, soul, mind and strength.
It is our hope that through these godly teachers and the community we build, Christian Homeschool Center may come alongside and encourage our homeschooling families as they raise a generation of future godly men and women who understand the times and are faithful followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
The following statements are the basic principles of Christianity undergirding the policies and practices of the teachers and staff. Our application will include a place for the signature of one parent who is in agreement with these principles.
We believe the Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, inerrant in the original writings, and the supreme and final authority in faith and practices.
We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe the God we serve is the creator and sustainer of all things, and the source of all truth. He is holy, righteous, good, just, loving and full of mercy.
We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in rebirth by the Holy Spirit, reconciliation and peace with God.
We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, perfect life, redeeming death, bodily resurrection, heavenly intercession, and His personal return in power and glory.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to eternal life, and those who are lost to eternal condemnation.
Terms and Conditions
Our desire at CHC is that we would all strive to live according to the words found in
“Therefore as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do, but above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.”
To the homeschooling parent/guardian:
For the short time we have your children during their class/classes, we will provide instruction, guidance, encouragement, accountability, and help with the subject material.
It is imperative that for the rest of the week you oversee and stay involved with all subjects that your children are taking at CHC and assist them throughout the week with the work assigned. Your role as the homeschooling parent/guardian is in no way relinquished to the teacher of the classes you sign up for at CHC. If there is any confusion about assignments, grades, expectations, etc. please don't hesitate to communicate directly to the teacher. Our teachers make every effort to communicate clearly with both students and parents during class and outside of class and have freely shared their phone numbers and emails with you for any clarification and assistance you may need during the week.
To families with students 12 and under:
CHC only offers 4 hours of time on campus for students 12 and under without a parent/guardian. If you sign up your child for more than 4 hours worth of classes or more than the first two classes of the day, you must return to campus and be on site for the last class of the day. Elementary students (k-5th grade) must have a parent/guardian with them during the lunch break from 12:00-12:25. CHC will no longer offer oversight of elementary students during lunch break. Students ages 11 and up do not need a parent/guardian present during lunch break.
If students ages 11 and 12 have taken the first two classes and plan to stay through lunch for a third class, parent/guardian must return to campus by 1:00 in order not to exceed the allotted time of 4 hours on campus without parent/guardian.
We ask that parent/guardian and student read Christian Homeschool Center’s Code of Conduct in order to fully understand what is expected of them and to be able to sign the agreement at the end of the application, knowing we will expect you to uphold the standards of our program, and we will do our part in holding you accountable to your written agreement.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Practice respectful, prompt, and cheerful obedience to authority- “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault… (Philippians 2:15)
2. Guard your tongue- “Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” (Ephesians 4:29)
3. As brothers and sisters in Christ, treat each other accordingly-no public displays of affection in the context of boy/girl relationships on campus. Some examples include holding hands/hugging/walking arm and arm or arms over each other's shoulders.
4. Please come to class dressed in a neat, respectable, and modest way: No offensive logos, images and text on apparel.
Girls - Bermuda length shorts only (no athletic shorts) and skirts no higher than 4 fingers above the knee, no low tops or spaghetti straps and no exposed midriffs.
5. No computers, cell phones, headphones, ear buds or any other technological devises are allowed to be used while students are on campus unless permission is given by a teacher for a class project, etc.
6. The use of our building is a gift to us. Please help us take good care of what we’ve been given. Drink spills stain the carpets and chairs, so please only bring drinks to class in a spill-proof container. A drink brought in a disposable plastic cup with a lid and a straw is not spill-proof.
7. No running in the building and please use inside voices.
8. CHC is a nut-free campus. Please do not bring lunches or snacks with any nut products.
9. Please be respectful of the teachers preparation time before class begins and do not come earlier than 5 minutes before class begins, and please pick your child up no later than 5 minutes after class.
* There will be late fees charged. Please see payment guidelines for fee schedule.
10. Please be considerate of others and stay home if you have a contagious ailment such as flu, fever, stomach sickness, etc.
It is very important that our students feel safe and secure in a loving and nurturing environment while at CHC. If a student is misbehaving in class, our teachers may need to give verbal reminders of expected behavior, reprimands, or warnings. Parents will be made aware of concerns as soon as possible after each incident. Christian Homeschool Center reserves the right to dismiss a student if necessary for serious offenses including:
-fighting/striking in anger with intention of harming another
-obscene, vulgar language
-intentional destruction of property
-continuous rebellion/outright disobedience in response to instructions
-alcohol, drugs, tobacco, weapons brought on campus
*In these cases, no refunds will be given for class tuition or administration fees.